Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Remote Guidance team is responsible for building the platform that will enable the humans to monitor and provide remote guidance across the Argo fleet as vehicles encounter unfamiliar edge cases (unexpected construction zones, accident ahead etc). The system will scale to support development of Argo’s autonomous driving technology and Ford’s autonomous driving fleet from 2021. This is critical infrastructure needed to permit the deployment of true “no drivers in the the car” fleets of autonomous vehicles safely in a dynamic real-world environment.
Engineers in the Remote Operations team will be based in either Pittsburgh or the Bay Area of California.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and deliver Remote Guidance capabilities that will be used to support the operational fleet.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the Remote Guidance team and other related teams.
- Develop the C++ communication components necessary to support Remote Guidance, on the autonomous vehicle and in the Remote Guidance operations centers.
- Develop the C++ visualization framework and tooling to deliver the client that Remote Guidance operators will interact with.
- Collaborate with backend service developers, both on the Remote Guidance team and within the wider Offboard cloud development org.
- Work closely with vehicle operations and autonomy integrations teams on developing, releasing and improving Remote Guidance capabilities.
- Drive and perform best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross- team critical programs
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
- Strong software skills in C++ are required.
- Expertise in network application development (TCP/UDP) as well as video/audio streaming.
- Experience working in a large and rapidly evolving production code base.
- Qt experience is desired, or strong software engineers familiar with similar toolkits such as imgui.
- Experience with OpenGL or graphics frameworks is a positive.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.