Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Hardware Technical Program Management team is responsible for managing the end-to-end execution of Argo’s autonomous vehicle hardware program. Argo Technical Program Managers are responsible for scope, schedule, and budget and use the high level Argo priorities to lead engineering activities from design to validation to builds. We want TPMs with strong engineering skills who can empower their technical teams and influence major engineering decisions. The role of TPM at Argo is cross functional and we are looking for team players who love collaboration and never shy away from a problem. We need TPM’s that seek out and mitigate risks, are expert communicators to both technical and non-technical partners, and have excellent organization. We want engineers who can tackle a wide variety of responsibilities to ensure that Argo delivers safe, functional, reliable, and efficient hardware systems.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for leading the Technical Program Management (TPM) team that works on both internal and external design activities for hardware modules (sensors and compute systems). The TPM team is responsible for delivering the scope, plans, timing, communications, and risk mitigation plans working closely together with the hardware engineering team
- Oversee and drive hardware requirements, architecture, simulation, design, prototyping, test, integration, and delivery of hardware systems
- Work in tight conjunction with contract engineering partners, contract manufacturing partners, Product Design Engineers, System Engineers, Product Managers, and others
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- The ability to influence a highly technical team to meet complex engineering and program objectives
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with cross functional development teams to coordinate the entire product development lifecycle
- Hyper-organization with the skills to create and maintain detailed implementation plans across multiple activities
- The understanding of how to distill company wide goals to program specific objectives
- Skill leading both internal design activities and outsourced design activities
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing a team of engineers or program managers
- Experience in prototype product development and large volume automated manufacturing
- Familiarity working within automotive and/or robotics fields
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.