Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Our Finance team is nimble, collaborative, and understands the importance and value of being a true team player. We are seeking an action and detail oriented, data driven teammate with strong business partnering skills to own budgets, forecasts, and ad hoc analysis. This person will partner with leadership in Hardware Engineering and work with cross-functional finance team members to provide financial insights and key metrics analysis. Using your exceptional financial modeling skills and solid business judgement, you will help the organization make decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Create short and long term financial models from scratch capable of evaluating multiple degrees of ambiguity around inputs and outputs, for accounts spanning the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Clearly and concisely communicate the outputs of your financial analysis tailored to your audience, spanning engineers to executive leadership
- Define and implement key business metrics to provide insight into business and technical performance
- Track forecast versus actual variances and update future periods accordingly
- Coordinate with accounting during month end close to ensure materially accurate financials including accrual calculations
- Drive insights for departmental leadership through data analysis and visualizations
- Support contract reviews, evaluating legal documents in order to assess full breadth of financial risk and opportunities
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; preferably Finance, Accounting, or similar fields; MBA preferred
- Ability to juggle several complex longer-term projects, while also managing ad hoc requests
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in financial planning & analysis
- Experience supporting hardware engineering teams
- Experience forecasting line items in the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow, in particular inventory
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to see the big picture while effectively managing detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast growing technology company preferred
- Experience in related industry: tech, auto, hardware preferred
- "Can do” attitude and team-player
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.