Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
The Software Engineer II will develop software algorithms for real-time localization and high-definition mapping using LiDAR and cameras for our autonomous vehicles. Design and implement localization and mapping software in C++, and develop tools to data-mine and evaluate their performance.
What you’ll do:
- Develop algorithms for localization using multiple sensory inputs such as camera and LiDAR;
- Develop algorithms for mapping using multiple sensory inputs such as camera and LiDAR;
- Design and implement real-time localization software to run on autonomous vehicles;
- Work on learning-based approaches to improve our localization and mapping system;
- Define performance metrics, develop tools to collect performance metrics data, and evaluate real-time localization
- Perform code review and algorithm design review for peers.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Robotics or a related field of study. Will also accept a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study together with two (2) years
of experience in a related occupation.
- Previous experience must have included:
- Developing software using the modern C++ programming language;
- Linear algebra and multi-view geometry, including hands-on experience with optimization and filtering-based
state estimation methods;
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing algorithms and software for visual, LiDAR and inertial SLAM
(Simultaneous Localization And Mapping);
- Applied skills in all areas of computer vision and robotics perception that are applicable to localization and
mapping for autonomous vehicles; and
- Linux and modern software development tools, including Git or Bazel.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.