Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
At Argo we move fast, but always safety first. New builds and maps are produced near constantly throughout the day. After passing simulation, at any point our autonomy cars will be running a variety of builds and maps. Starting at our private test track through to fleet wide public road operations across 6 cities.
Our deployment team creates the software responsible for producing the systems that manage that complicated deployment matrix across our fleet, ultimately securely getting the right bits onto the right vehicles in a timely and efficient manner. We are critical to everything that happens on vehicle, from track testing to public road operations at scale.
As a member of the deployment team, you’ll have a front-row seat to the future of autonomous vehicles and play a critical role in moving humanity into the next era of safe and reliable transportation.
What you’ll do:
- Build the next generation of deployment software and tooling for deploying our autonomy stack to cars and data centers
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers to identify their requirements, features, and interfaces
- Leverage your in-depth knowledge of computing hardware and software to squeeze the most out of the onboard embedded compute system
- Grow your software development skills by working side by side with some of the most talented and experienced engineers in the world
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 3+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Expertise in modern C++ and python
- Excellent communication and people skills: you will be working cross functionally throughout many different teams within Argo
- Hands-on experience with Linux based Operating Systems and personal computing hardware
Nice to haves:
- Experience with configuration management systems (i.e ansible, salt, puppet, chef)
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.