Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Firmware Tools & Testing team at Argo AI is responsible for the overall test and verification strategy of safety-critical software and firmware in our embedded systems. This team builds tools, frameworks, and test software to aid in the development of Argo’s self-driving system. As the lead for the Firmware Tools & Testing team, you will be hands-on in providing technical guidance as well as responsible for managing and mentoring the team.
What you’ll do:
- Lead development of detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test designs, test plans, and test cases for embedded software
- Responsible for development and execution of automated tests on target hardware, including hardware-in-loop systems
- Create tools and infrastructure to support development and testing of safety critical embedded software in self-driving systems
- Deliver high-quality software tools used across our teams for verification, simulation, data analysis, and related activities
- Responsible for personnel management tasks including hiring, goal planning, progress tracking, mentoring, reviewing employee performance, and team status reporting
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading and managing a multidisciplinary team of software & test engineers
- Strong programming skills in at least one language (Python, C, C++)
- Experience working with modern build and CI systems incorporating automated test frameworks
- Experience with Hardware-in-Loop systems
- Understanding of various devices used in embedded systems, including MCUs, SoCs, and FPGAs
- Experience with ISO-26262, IEC-61508, or related safety critical system design best practices
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
Nice to haves:
- Experience creating tools to support verification of FPGA and/or ASIC designs
- Understanding of ranging and perceptions sensors (lidar, radar and/or camera). Any experience and/or knowledge of lidar is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and/or experience in automotive testing
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.