Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Firmware Tools & Testing team at Argo AI is responsible for the overall test and verification strategy of safety-critical software and firmware in our embedded systems. This team builds tools, frameworks, and test software to aid in the development of Argo’s self-driving system. As a Software Engineer on the Firmware Tools & Testing team, you will work with firmware & software engineering teams to develop and maintain the software that enables fast and efficient development of complex embedded systems. We’re looking for someone who has deep experience in architecting build and test frameworks in a variety of software environments and who can extend their knowledge to various firmware development ecosystems.
What you’ll do:
- Create infrastructure to support development of safety critical embedded software in self-driving systems
- Deliver high-quality software tools used across our teams for verification, simulation, data analysis, and related activities
- Develop test and integration tools and infrastructure to support a variety of simulation and hardware-in-loop environments
- Develop Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automating our firmware development, including test and verification of safety-critical systems
- Drive the application of best practices to ensure code testability and health while increasing engineering throughput
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Strong programming skills in at least one language (Python, C, C++)
- A deep understanding of software development fundamentals
- Experience working with modern build and CI systems incorporating automated test frameworks
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of various devices used in embedded systems, including MCUs, SoCs, and FPGAs
- Experience with ISO-26262, IEC-61508, or related safety critical system design best practices
- Experience creating tools to support design and verification of FPGA and/or ASIC designs
- Experience with Hardware-in-Loop systems
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.