Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI is looking to expand our Simulation Engineering team. The Simulation Engineering team is responsible for building a highly scalable distributed platform for managing, running, and analyzing millions of simulation jobs per day, processing petabytes of data. This platform leverages cloud technologies to manage workloads and monitor progress.
The ideal candidate has strong Csoftware engineering skills and experience building scalable software. Practical examples include developing testing frameworks, testing infrastructure, distributed Real-Time Systems and Validation & Verification strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development of a cloud service to run cost-efficient simulations using recorded sensor data at scale for the Verification & Validation of our self-driving software stack
- You will work in a team of 20+ talented engineers located in Europe and in the United States
- Participate in architectural and design discussions, presenting proposals and recommendations to senior management
- Contribute to the enhancement of our Software-in-the-Loop framework, simulation infrastructure and system monitoring
- Be the go-to technical point of contact for the critical parts of our core simulation infrastructure that you will own
- Analyze the simulation results in cooperation with distributed teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing, testing or validating high-performance complex systems, preferably those that include hardware, software, sensing, and actuation components
- Ability to think and operate in the abstract functional domain for system requirements as well as Validation & Verification
- 4+ years of experience developing with modern C++ and Python applications deployed in containers (using Docker and Kubernetes)
- 2+ years of experience using AWS S3, EC2, RDS and VPC (or equivalents in GCP and Azure)
- Strong skills in debugging and testing
- Strong communication, problem-solving, task-prioritization and teamwork skills
- An understanding of traditional and modern systems engineering principles and techniques as applied in hi-tech industries such as autonomous driving, robotics or space systems
Nice to haves:
- Experience with modern tools for software development/deployment (git, Bazel)
- Experience with CI / CD systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Software-in-the-Loop Simulation, Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation and/or Hardware Virtualization Environments
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.