Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Platform Architecture team (PlatArch) at Argo AI is responsible for working with the broader SW, HW, Security and Test organizations to develop a cohesive platform architecture across computing, sensing, networking, and software stack. This team develops requirements, performs various technical analysis and defines the overall systems architecture.
The lead of this team will be responsible for setting the vision and direction of the team, defining the execution roadmap, driving the team’s execution towards established objectives, and actively managing communication internally and externally. Successful candidates will be experts in the development of practical autonomous systems and modern systems engineering practices. They will be able to apply this expertise to both the hardware and software components of the system. They will also be excellent cross-functional communicators, actively showing ownership in working through issues towards successful delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Set the roadmap for Argo’s platform architecture team to align the teams strategic vision
- The lead will manage a team of engineers working on platform architecture work products & activities
- Work with engineering leadership to develop requirements, architectures, interface definitions, etc
- Establish best practices for the platform architecture team and link into the engineering organization as a whole
- Work with executives and engineering leadership to drive key cross-cutting engineering decisions
- Work with OEM partners to develop deliverables, systems designs, requirements, and analysis
- Lead a team to dive deep into details of cross cutting engineering issues, spanning across all engineering disciplines
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong record of leading teams in developing integrated, state-of-the-art engineering systems
- Ability to attract talent and build teams
- Ability to easily communicate design considerations and decision points both at an engineering level and to C-level executives
- Ability to dive into the details and deliver high quality content
- Strong systems engineering and computer engineering fundamentals
- Experience developing high-performance robotic systems, including the specification of hardware, software, sensing, and actuation components
- Experience with modern systems engineering requirements management & development practices
Nice to haves:
- Automotive architecture experience (CAN, Power, Ethernet, etc)
- FMEA experience
- Automotive process experience
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.