Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo’s Fleet Operations team is where the rubber meets the road in public road testing of autonomous vehicles. Specifically, Road Testing is responsible for the safe, compliant, effective and efficient execution of all mission types to be executed on public roads. From daily software release and product pilot evaluations to mapping and on to specialized vehicle test requests only able to be performed on public roads. We test in our engineering and development cities of Munich, Pittsburgh, Dearborn, and Palo Alto as well as our cities with launch product intent in the US and Germany.
What you’ll do:
- As Operations Manager for a city in Germany you will be instrumental on aligning vehicle operations with all local onsite policies as well as with Argo’s internal and global policies
- The Operations Manager will ramp up and manage a large Fleet Operations team responsible for executing the Test and Road Operations program of our autonomous system research and commercial launch efforts
- Act as a main point of contact to highlight system and vehicle performance with our software and hardware engineering teams and service technicians to improve our autonomous system
- Cultivate and maintain a healthy and diverse work culture and environment with a strong focus on safety by administering daily briefings, performing continuous education classes, administering performance reviews and leading by example
- You will be responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures to shape the department efforts
- Create, manage and track ambitious department objectives to challenge the team and drive key results supporting the organization’s mission
- Facilitate the data management process including fleet and test operations log ingest, triage analysis and new release software pushes
- Communicates needs of department at the leadership level to illustrate areas of need and accomplishment
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in any engineering or business field of study
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports and a large team of individual contributors
- 10+ years of managing national deployments
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding abstraction ability between day-to-day operative and decision making on executive level
- Detail oriented/good organizational skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Fluent in English and German (verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel frequently
Nice to haves:
- Master’s degree in business administration or similar field
- Experiences in R&D program/project management
- Experiences with international deployments
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.