Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The safe operation of self driving vehicles depends in part on the orchestration of machine learning, computer vision algorithms, cloud-based tools and services, as well as human-centric processes into complex workflows. The Argo Map Engineering/Workflow Services team is responsible for the cloud-based products and services used by internal teams to manage these workflows, including the creation of maps and simulations. We are seeking experienced candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy being a part of a distributed team, and can transform ideas into new features.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and enhance products and services that support multiple internal initiatives that are both automated and human driven
- Design and implement microservices that extend the core platform
- Design and implement web-based apps that extend the core platform
- Leverage your experience and creativity to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers to identify new products and services, requirements, features, and interfaces
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 7+ years of full-stack software engineering experience
- Strong communication, problem solving, task prioritization, and teamwork skills
- Solid architecture and design skills
- Experience with Java and/or other JVM-based languages
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL and Apache Cassandra
Nice to haves:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g.: AWS, GCP)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.