Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo Lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode and laser products for other industries, and is currently optimizing these technologies for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and offers performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars. Within the Argo Lidar team, the characterization and calibration team works to develop processes to understand and optimize lidar performance in collaboration with various design and simulation teams.
What you’ll do:
- Design and execute characterization studies to understand key lidar performance parameters
- Develop software for automated sensor calibration, testing, and data analysis
- Collaborate with others to design and build new test setups and fixtures when needed
- Develop comprehensive documentation of test procedures
- Analyze test results to validate design and processes
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing test automation and data analysis pipelines in Python (strongly preferred) or other programming languages
- Ability and willingness to do hands-on work in development of new test setups and procedures
- Proven record of working with cross-functional teams to leverage different skills, tools, and knowledge
- Strong communication skills in writing clear documentation and presenting technical results to varied audiences
- Willingness to travel to Pittsburgh, PA area (up to 50% time) if not located in Pittsburgh, PA area
Nice to haves:
- Experience creating new characterization procedures for complex optoelectronic or electromechanical devices
- Prototyping optomechanical setups
- Experience with sensor (lidar, radar, camera) development and calibration
- Experience with end-of-line testing in automotive production environment
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.