Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI is dedicated to the research and development of state of the art technologies required for ushering a new age of autonomous vehicles to the world. We are looking for an exceptional researcher with a proven track record in either computer vision, robotics or machine learning as well as an outstanding software engineer who can prototype invented algorithms. As a Postdoctoral Research Scientist at Argo, you will pursue research, and work with other world class engineers and scientists to solve challenges at the forefront of the field. We are looking for a creative researcher to solve fundamental problems surrounding the advancement of autonomy in vehicles. The position is a fixed-term (postdoctoral) contract for 24 months.
What you’ll do:
- Participating in cutting edge research in either computer vision, robotics & machine learning.
- Formulating and solving numerical optimization problems.
- Developing cutting edge algorithms that integrate classical vision algorithms with the latest advancements in deep learning.
- Contributing research that can be applied to Argo’s development of autonomous vehicles.
- Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 3+ years experience designing and developing computer vision algorithms in C++.
- 3+ years of experience with prototyping algorithms in Python.
- Experience working with deep learning packages such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Experience in key Computer Vision algorithms such as linear algebra, multi-view geometry and numerical optimization.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Able to obtain work authorization in the U.S. beginning in 2019.
Nice to haves:
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, ICRA, NIPS, ICML, or similar.
- Experience with formulating and solving computer vision and robotics optimization problems.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub).
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.