Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
As part of the Legal Team, you will provide support to the technology-minded and growth-oriented Office of the General Counsel. Argo Legal Team’s goal is to deliver value to the business by focusing on speed of delivery, pragmatic application of law, and building relationships within the company.
The commercial transactions team within Legal seeks to deliver value to the organization by providing prompt and thoughtful support to the applicable business units, with the ultimate goal of mitigating transactional risks in an efficient and timely manner.
What you’ll do:
- Support Argo’s team by negotiating and drafting commercial contracts with business partners, customers, and vendors in transactions of all sizes and varying levels of complexity
- Serve as a trusted advisor and pragmatic problem solver for internal clients
- Develop policies, processes, and contractual frameworks to support emerging business opportunities
- Supervise and manage relationships with outside counsel
- Draft, support, and deliver legal trainings on critical areas of law
- Manage a fast-paced, diverse workload
What you'll need to succeed:
- Juris Doctor degree
- Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or in the State of Michigan, or ability to become admitted in such jurisdictions within six months of hire
- Minimum 5 years of experience with the above-referenced competencies
- Experience working in a law firm or in-house setting
- Experience with drafting and negotiating a variety of technology and other commercial agreements, including custom-tailored agreements for unique strategic partnerships and customer relationships
- Demonstrated expertise in drafting and editing legal documents with superior attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work independently
- Collaborative team player across all levels and functions
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Interest in nascent technologies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to travel to all Argo offices
- Proficient in GSuite and Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Experience supporting both sales and purchasing functions
- Experience supporting business development teams through uncharted territories
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.