Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Public Policy and Government Relations (PPGR) Team reports to Argo's General Counsel. PPGR coordinates with relevant internal teams to develop strategic policy priorities and execute advocacy strategies in furtherance of them. Our team also advises - in collaboration with other colleagues in the Office of General Counsel - the company on policy implications to current and future anticipated Argo operations. In general, PPGR serves as Argo's liaison to policymakers at all levels of government. We are a tight-knit, dynamic team that focuses on creative thinking and strategic execution. Further, we value a commitment to cross-functional collaboration across our company to ensure we deliver results that support Argo as a whole. PPGR has subteams focused on European, U.S. federal, and U.S. state and local affairs.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the State and Local Affairs Lead (Lead) and the State and Local Affairs (SLA) team to execute a state and local regulatory and policy strategy for Argo's business that includes design and development of a scalable self-driving system, partnerships with OEMs, testing the self-driving system on public roads in the U.S., and delivery of services using a self-driving vehicle
- Work with the Lead and the SLA team, along with state and local policymakers, to develop and interpret laws and regulations applicable to Argo's business
- Understand the business and cultivate close working relationship within the Argo team and with our external partners, including the development of coalitions, associations, and other groups supportive of Argo's strategic priorities
- In coordination with the Lead, advise the business and product teams on policy implications during strategy meetings and the product development and launch process
- Engage directly with state and local policymakers, key opinion formers, and competitors (as appropriate) to shape public and political dialogue and help form a positive policy environment
- Represent and engage on behalf of Argo in its trade associations
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with key state and local stakeholders, influencers, and policymakers in the markets in which Argo operates
- Advocate for Argo's positions and use relationships and expertise to help craft new/different policies at the state and local levels that create a level playing field for the self-driving industry
- This position will require frequent travel and the ability to adapt to last-minute changes in plans
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working with government, automotive and technology industry companies or associations, or related stakeholder groups
- Experience with transportation regulatory environment and relationships with key government stakeholders, particularly at the state and local levels in states and cities in the middle United States
- Excellent personal skills and ability to work constructively in a collaborative, fast-paced business environment
- Excellent analytical and verbal and written communication skills
- Independently motivated and able to be managed remotely
Nice to haves:
- Experience in community relations and/or public affairs unrelated to elected or appointed policymakers
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.