Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Our lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing these technologies for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and offers performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars. Within the Argo Lidar organization, our core team’s goal is to ensure that our cutting-edge technologies are also reliable, trustworthy and compliant products. Part of our scopes is to create engineering test plans, think analytically and strategically, execute component/system performance and reliability tests. We are excited to grow our hardware-driven team and gain more support in hands-on testing execution.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with design & test engineers on test setups and executions
- Set up and execute environmental/reliability tests
- Set up and execute optical experiments
- Track and maintain engineering equipment such as oscilloscopes, optical targets
- Create simple test fixtures
- Support with test troubleshooting
- Deliver test summaries and communicate results effectively with a broader team
What you'll need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience with building or testing complex optical/electrical/mechanical prototypes
- Familiar with troubleshooting electrical components, sensors, etc.
- Ability to lift and move testing targets, equipment and objects
- Comfortable working with Linux/UNIX systems, Google Suite (Google Doc, Google Sheet, Google Slide) and other software that enables remote collaboration
- Be able to handle rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent communication and people skills: you will be working cross functionally throughout many different teams within Argo
- Hands-on approach to hardware setup and test, bias to action. Willing to learn and adapt to a fast paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience with optical system testing or reliability testing
- Soldering experience
- Able to edit simple Python codes with engineering guidance
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.