Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Senior Systems Engineer will develop a systems-level technical plan across computing, sensing, networking, and system software to ensure that what we develop as a team comes together into a successful system for Argo’s complex Autonomous Vehicle system.
What you’ll do:
- Work with engineering teams to develop requirements, architectures, and execution plans for the technologies that support safe, reliable, autonomous transportation;
- Establish best practices for the systems engineering team and the engineering organization as a whole;
- Work with engineering leadership to drive key cross-cutting engineering decisions;
- Engage with internal and external engineering teams to bring together the big-picture technical plan through a systems engineering approach;
- Work with our partners to develop deliverables, system designs, requirements and test plans; and
- Lead cross-functional teams to dive deep into the details of cross-cutting engineering issues, spanning across hardware, software, business, and operations considerations.
What you'll need to succeed:
Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or a related field of study, together with two (2) years of experience in a related occupation. Will also accept a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or a related field of study together with four (4) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Previous work experience must have included:
- At least one (1) year of experience providing engineering leadership for the development of integrated, state-of-the-art computing platforms;
- At least one (1) year of experience using the fundamentals of systems engineering and computer engineering to develop integrated systems;
- Communicating design considerations and decision points both at an engineering level and to C-level executives;
- Influencing the direction of a large engineering organization toward high-level goals;
- Developing high-performance robotic systems, including the specification of hardware, software, sensing, and actuation components; and
- Modern systems engineering requirements management practices.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.