Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Senior Software Engineer will serve as part of the Calibration and Sensor Integrity team to design and develop software algorithms to support Argo AI’s autonomous vehicle systems.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross-functionally to gather requirements and get a buy-in for solving key problems;
- Researching and developing algorithms and processes for LIDAR intrinsics, LIDAR-imu calibration and camera obstruction detection;
- Design the architecture and framework for the above solutions;
- Developing off-board and on-board software implementing the above algorithms in code;
- Writing tests to confirm the correctness of the implemented software;
- Integrating the above software in the calibration process and writing integration tests for the above software;
- Validate the solution on real data and work with stakeholders to gather feedback and refine the solution; and
- Deploy the software and gather metrics and feedback to monitor the performance.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study, together with two (2) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Previous work experience must have included:
- At least one (1) year of experience in software engineering using C++;
- At least one (1) year of experience in using mathematical skills, including linear algebra, optimization and numerical methods;
- Experience with computer vision and robotics, including a fundamental understanding of feature matching, pose estimation, calibration, structure from motion / SLAM, and stereo vision;
- Experience with calibration in Linux environments; Experience with hands-on development and deployment of products and platforms in the real world; and
- Experience working with stakeholders and gathering requirements for technical projects, and leading technical project teams to design and architect solutions.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.