Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are building a high-performance SW quality team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. This team will be responsible for defining, deploying and monitoring SW processes in Argo’s product development organization. Additionally, this team will support audits and assessments in support of OEM partner lifecycle processes.
What you’ll do:
- Perform regular project reviews, process definition, process implementation, process training, process improvement and drive project software teams to ensure quality is integrated into software development
- Work with the Software Quality Manager and the Software Safety Manager to demonstrate that the software development processes meet industry standard measures of maturity
- Define and implement the Software Quality Management and Functional Safety processes across the software organization to design quality and safety into our autonomous driving and onboard platform software from the start
- Work with Software Engineering teams to implement software quality and safety processes
- Analyze process gaps and identify opportunities to improve software development processes
- Champion identified process improvements to enhance the quality and safety of Argo AI’s software development processes and software deliverables
- Author software development guidelines, processes, templates, and best practice documentation with the support of the Technical Documentation team
- Mentor and steward teams as they author work products for the various development phases to ensure development effort and artifacts will meet quality and safety standards
- Define applicable metrics and guidelines that will be used by software teams to demonstrate their adherence to your recommended safety and quality processes
- Collaborate with the Quality Control team to guide verification of development efforts and artifacts have met the previously defined criteria
- Work with project management to develop and document procedures for the initiation and implementation of development processes and improvements
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Argo AI’s software development processes
- Demonstrate expertise in Software development process best practices by mentoring and contributing to discussion with Software Engineers and other colleagues
- Support adoption of software development tools as defined by the Software Quality team
- Define process and procedures for requirements traceability
- participate in software design reviews, defect reviews, and code reviews to ensure processes are followed and garner suggestions for improvements
- Effectively communicate and document process defects to Software Quality and Safety Manager’s to aid in continuous improvement efforts
- Perform internal audits to company/program requirements and industry standards
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong engineering communication skills, especially the ability to communicate engineering processes and best practices to multiple teams
- At least 2 years of experience defining software process implementation and improvement
- Strong software engineering process background
- Domain experience focusing on either Quality Management or Functional Safety process.
- Experience in either ASPICE or equivalent standard compliant organization or ISO 26262 compliant organization, or related experience.
- Experience with automotive or other safety-critical software development environments is preferred
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.