Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI autonomy runtime team builds the onboard software ecosystem that supports the development and operation of our autonomous cars. Our goal is to provide a cutting-edge engineering framework on top of a distributed, always up-to-date, safe and secure software platform and operating system.
Members of the runtime team work at the core of the vehicle software stack. The challenge is to develop mission-critical, complex and scalable software with great passion and attention to detail when it comes to performance, robustness and to stretch capabilities of both high-performance and constrained environments.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop the onboard data logging system for Argo’s vehicle runtime
- Contribute to the implementation of the onboard data logging pipeline
- Work closely with other teams to ensure timely delivery of project goals
- Define and configure the data logging budgets and supporting monitoring solutions
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong fundamentals in applied computer science and related design patterns and algorithms
- Deep expertise in modern C++
- Solid understanding in high-performance I/O, networking, middleware technology and distributed systems
- Experience in systems programming and the POSIX operating system interface
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in data recording/logging solutions and/or runtime/middleware development
- Experience in software development for embedded and/or real-time systems
- Fluency in the Python programming language
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.