Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo seeks a high-performing, detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our finance & accounting team, reporting to our Accounting Manager. This role will require a combination of operational and technical diligence and a willingness to embrace the ambiguity of a fast-growing and dynamic startup company.
This position can be based in our Pittsburgh, Palo Alto or Dearborn offices. We are also open to this position being based remotely from Austin, Washington, D.C., Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the company’s inventory accounting procedures
- Develop and plan annual inventory audit procedures
- Assist with developing inventory analysis reports to meet internal and external business partners
- Assist in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with Company policy and US GAAP
- Review and summarize customer agreements impacting revenue recognition including technical accounting conclusions
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 5+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience, ideally a combination of Big 4 public accounting & private industry
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- Proficiency with NetSuite, Oracle, or SAP ERP systems
- Prior experience in inventory and manufacturing
- Experience with product lifecycle management (PLM) tools a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities; experience with G-suite tools a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to present to business partners
- Must have strong analytical skills as well as the ability to research issues, prepare analysis and recommend viable solutions
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.