Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Building a self-driving vehicle requires gathering a huge amount of data from our real-world test fleet driving on city streets and recording everything the car does into vehicle logs. These logs are critical to building a self-driving vehicle, whether the data is being used for training purposes or to validate the safety of Argo's latest self-driving system.
The Log Applications team builds the tools that enable Argo teams to manage and process vehicle logs at PB scale. We own understanding the events in the data and driving workflows for the training, simulation and evaluation of the self driving system at scale. The team sits between the processed vehicle logs from the car and the AV teams AI models.
This position can be based in Palo Alto, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Austin, or for the right applicant remote within the US.
What you’ll do:
- Work across teams to clarify/define requirements and develop solutions to problems spanning multiple Argo systems
- Design and implement the backend systems that enable Argo teams to manage and process large amounts of stored logs
- Write robust, well-tested, maintainable and well-crafted code
- Ensure production services are performant, scalable and reliable as the amount of data to process continues to grow rapidly
- Work closely with a broad range of Argo teams, including engineers working on the self-driving system and the operations teams that validate the self-driving system
- Engage deeply with customers in developing new solutions as well as supporting production issues
- Train and mentor other engineers on the team
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software skills in Java and Python
- Experience leading and driving projects across teams
- Experience designing and implementing high throughput and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with relational databases
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, as you'll be working with many other teams to determine requirements and design solutions
- Strong engineering judgement: You understand how to scope solutions to produce a high volume of quality work with maximum value
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, and similar products
- Experience in an agile software environment
- Experience with Airflow, Elasticsearch, or Golang
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.