Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test at Argo is responsible for leading system level development for Argo’s entire Self Driving System. The team creates system level designs including architecture, requirements, failure analysis, functional safety analysis, safety of the intended function analysis, and cybersecurity analysis. The team also works with Ford Motor Company and Volkswagen Group to design, manufacture, and test the integration of the Argo Self Driving System into vehicles. The team also plans and executes a large share of Argo’s overall testing including simulation, autonomy testing, closed course testing, some public road testing, and triage.
The Technical Program Management (TPM) sub team is responsible for robust planning and leading the successful execution for all of the development activities across the broader team. The Technical Program Management group is also responsible for managing communications, cross functional coordination, risk mitigation, and process improvements across the team.
What you’ll do:
- The Systems Engineering TPM Manager will manage a team of Technical Program Managers working in domains including systems engineering, safety engineering, security engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, test engineering and more
- The Systems Engineering TPM Manager is responsible for ensuring the technical and program success of Argo’s autonomous vehicle at the system level
- The Systems Engineering TPM Manager will also be responsible for personnel management tasks including hiring diverse high output teams, creating an inclusive work environment, defining key results, driving success towards business metrics, mentoring staff at all levels, boosting employee performance, communicating team status, upholding Argo’s core values, and more
- The Systems Engineering TPM Manager must also excel at leading cross functional projects spanning across broader Argo, Volkswagen Group, and Ford Motor Company
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- A proven record of success leading challenging engineering development programs
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- A hyper-organized mindset and an ability to manage cross functional teams developing complex systems across multiple time zones
- The adept capability to produce clear, concise, and complete engineering communications
- A record of delivering projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Stellar teamwork and interpersonal skills in an engineering setting
- Strong persuasion skills to engage with Argo, Volkswagen Group, and Ford Motor Company Executive Leadership
- The ability to quickly learn broad domain knowledge in robotics and automotive engineering
- A sound sense of rigorous judgement and a methodical approach to solving problems
Nice to haves:
- Experience with robotic systems or other automated systems
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.