Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI Motion Planning team brings all the components of the autonomy stack together. The Motion Planning team takes inputs from perception, prediction, and mapping and plans how to safely yet comfortably navigate complex urban driving scenarios - such as making unprotected turns, and lane changing in traffic. This involves routing to the desired destination, making high-level decisions with respect to traffic controls and other road users (including vehicles, cyclists, pedestrians, etc.), and generating an optimal trajectory for the AV to execute.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop algorithms in one or more areas of the Motion Planning stack, ranging from route planning, behavior planning, trajectory optimization, decision making, and machine learning
- Extensively test your algorithms, through unit testing, simulation testing in the cloud, log playback and resim, and on vehicle testing
- Develop tools for visualization and debugging, and use them to analyze logs from fleet testing
- Analyze metrics from fleet testing to prioritize next steps.
- Optimize the runtime and memory efficiency of the onboard Motion Planning software.
- Coordinate with other autonomy teams to ensure that Motion Planning is provided the inputs it needs.
What you'll need to succeed:
- The Motion Planning team is looking for deep expertise in either Motion Planning or Software Engineering (or both).
- The ideal candidate has an advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Robotics, or a related field, and prior industry experience deploying autonomous systems.
- While breadth is helpful, a depth of knowledge and application experience in a relevant Robotics/ Motion Planning subspecialty is most desirable. Examples of relevant subspecialties include:
- graph or sampling-based planning in high-dimensional state spaces, computational geometry, behavioral planning and decision making, planning under uncertainty (POMDPs etc.), model-predictive planning and control, convex optimization, reinforcement learning, imitation learning, etc.
- A baseline level of skill in modern C++ programming and software engineering is required for all team members, even Motion Planning domain experts. Python programming experience is also helpful but not required.
- Industry experience writing production-quality, performance-critical code, and maintaining large codebases is desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.