Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
This is a contract position.
The Overwatch team at Argo is responsible for building cloud microservices and their underlying framework to manage and monitor fleets of self-driving vehicles. That includes the ability to order passenger rides through partner-facing APIs and through end-user rider aps.
You will develop of a native Android/Kotlin application that interfaces with gRPC APIs to enable end-to-end passenger trips. This position can be performed remotely, candidates must be resident in the US and have work authorization.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a native Android ride sharing app
- Collaborate with the Overwatch team on API definition and testing
What you'll need to succeed:
- One or more published Android applications
- 4+ years of experience building native Java or Kotlin based Android applications (React Native doesn’t count, our app will be native Kotlin)
- Experience building beautiful Material Design user interfaces and reactive programming
- Experience working in an agile software environment
- Excellent communication skills are required given our distributed and diverse team
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.