Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Autonomy Operations team in Munich is responsible for performing system level tests on our self-driving vehicles, in different modalities and multiple locations. As a Test & Integration Engineer, you will focus on developing and executing test plans targeting the autonomy behaviour of our software stack for autonomous vehicles. The team is responsible for evaluating the performance of our software prior to and in parallel with public road evaluation. The vast majority of our test activities will be performed at our closed-course facilities. This provides us with a safe location to thoroughly test our system, with a focus on Regression and Progression testing. In cooperation with other teams we evaluate the autonomy behavior of our platforms before they are released to public road testing. We closely work together with the development teams by reporting any problems we encounter and testing new features and improvements. This ensures the high safety standard of our autonomy system we thrive for at Argo and further develops and promotes the Argo safety culture.
What you’ll do:
- Create and execute high value test plans
- Determine pass/fail criteria for autonomy systems
- Aggregate and report test results on a regular basis
- Document and troubleshoot test results into actionable issues
- Identify process and infrastructure enhancements for our testing pipelines
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing and executing system test plans
- Ability to simplify highly complex problems into smaller, actionable solutions
- Autonomous Vehicle system understanding or testing experience preferred
- Knowledge of Linux
- Willingness to learn and adapt at a fast pace
- Flexibility to adapt to new challenges
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel to remote sites if required
Nice to haves:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven self-starter mindset and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Internship or entry level experience working on Self-driving or autonomy testing
- Experience working on highly integrated Systems (automotive, aerospace, robotics, etc)
- Prior experience with bug tracking systems and Test Management tools
- Linux terminal command line interface experience
- Basic Programming skills in Python, Bash, Java, C, C++, C#
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.