Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The core tracking team is responsible for developing and implementing algorithms for real-time scene understanding, by estimating a precise and temporally consistent representation of the local environment; the purpose of the Senior Software Engineer role is to design and implement algorithms related to sensor fusion and real time processing of sensor data toward this goal. The role also involves quantitative analysis of algorithm performance to guide future development, and the design of metrics used for this evaluation. At the Senior level, domain expertise and forward/long-term thinking are necessary to avoid major pitfalls, by steering designs toward principled paradigms, patterns, and practices that will pay dividends down the road. Candidates must be self-sufficient in designing solutions to open-ended problems. This includes the ability to understand the problem and design space, explore the literature for existing state-of-the-art approaches, and quickly evaluate their merits as they pertain to the problem at hand.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and evaluate solutions to practical challenges in autonomous vehicle object tracking
- Work closely with various sensor detection teams (lidar, camera, radar, etc.) and tracking customers (prediction and motion planning) to understand/communicate requirements, and facilitate cross-functional feature integration
- You will stay up to date with the state of the art in various perception fields and use this knowledge to help guide new features and architecture
- Your work will be essential to fielding a fleet of autonomous vehicles across multiple cities, and you will have direct exposure to real world data, feedback, and the satisfaction of having contributed to a state-of-the art autonomous vehicle
- You will be responsible for diagnosing and fixing issues that arise in the autonomous vehicle fleet
- You will be responsible for evaluating the performance of your work using a metrics driven approach, and working to design new metrics and evaluation tools/procedures as needed
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong C++ coding skills for real-time applications
- Experience with 3D extended object tracking from a ground robot. This includes estimating object type, 3D extent (size/shape), kinematics, and other object attributes given a history of detections from a variety of sensors (e.g. lidar, radar, camera, etc..)
- Technical expertise in the field of model-based estimation, probabilistic inference, and information/sensor fusion
- Strong problem solving skills and algorithm design experience
Nice to haves:
- PhD in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Experience with production robots operating in uncontrolled, uncooperative environments
- Direct experience with Level 4 self-driving cars
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.