Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Verification & Validation (V&V) team is responsible for working with stakeholders to develop and document the overall V&V strategy and plan, drive test tooling infrastructure (Software & Hardware), and, establish test coverage & reporting (dashboards) at system, subsystem, and component levels across AV features, Autonomy Functions, Platform Functions, Safety and Product Security.
We are looking for an individual to put together the comprehensive verification and validation plan for Argo’s self-driving system and primary functional subsystems. Specifically, we are looking for subject matter experts and engineering leaders to lead the overall V&V planning and execution for the Autonomy subsystems / functions e.g. Perception, Prediction, Planning, Scenarios analysis. The individual will work cross-functionally with the Software Autonomy, Systems Architecture, Systems Safety, Autonomy Testing, Platform Testing, Hardware (e.g. Sensing) and Data Analytics teams to create the V&V plan for the autonomy functions. A major portion of this effort will include working closely with the road/track test and simulation teams to develop a process and plan to comprehensively verify the set of functional requirements at the vehicle and subsystem levels. Further, this individual will also play a key role in identifying gaps in the requirements surfaced through validation testing and simulation.
What you’ll do:
- Lead definition of verification and validation strategy for prediction and planning system functions
- Develop the DVP&R (Design Validation Plan and Report) for Argo’s autonomous driving system
- Drive the development of test tooling and reporting infrastructure needed for verification and validation activities
- Establish traceability between requirements and tests and review
- Analyse for process gaps , test coverage, completeness, validity, robustness for Prediction and planning functions
- Work jointly with the testing and simulation teams to create test plans and test specifications
- Work with requirement owners to ensure that all requirements are verifiable and are linked to test cases with well defined pass/fail criteria
- Interface with vehicle OEM partners to ensure that the verification plan meets product, regulatory and business needs
- Work closely with internal product and engineering teams (Software and Hardware) to formulate strategies that are compatible with the product development and feature rollout schedule
- Ensure that data collected during public road testing provides validation feedback on the completeness and correctness of requirements
- Work with engineering leadership to ensure that system and subsystem verification plans are coherent and in sync
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Expertise in one or more of the following-Prediction, Motion Planning, or Robotics
- An understanding of traditional and modern systems engineering principles and techniques as applied in hi-tech industries
- Experience developing, testing or validating high-performance complex systems, preferably those that include safety critical hardware, software, sensing, and actuation components
- Ability to think and operate in the abstract functional domain for system requirements as well as Verification and Validation
- Ability to easily communicate Verification and Validation approach considerations and decision points to the broader engineering team
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools (such as Jama, DOORS) along with the ability to script and automate querying and reporting on large amounts of data
- Ability to put together comprehensive test reporting and report out to the broader organization
- Strong communication skills with sufficient technical depth and ability to work cross functionally with systems, software, hardware and test teams to develop the overall framework that can be executed within reasonable time and resource constraints to demonstrate sufficient verification coverage of functional system requirements
- Ability to drive towards decisions
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.