Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
At Argo AI Systems Engineers work on our onboard autonomy suite, the integration with the vehicle, or the cloud based systems.They define and study multiple alternative architectures, perform trade studies, flow down requirements, establish design verification methods, and make data-based recommendations. They work cross-functionally and team up with Argo Teams (HW SW, Safety, V&V, product..) and OEM teams.
They master rigorous yet efficient systems engineering practices. They have strong leadership abilities and communication skills to gather consensus amongst the relevant stakeholders and communicate findings in order to drive key decisions within Argo AI’s fast-paced autonomous vehicle program.
What you’ll do:
- Use a systems-level, data-driven approach to guide the multi-disciplinary engineering teams to achieve the right design that is compatible with the product needs and program rollout schedule at an acceptable level of technical risk
- Develop requirements, architectures, and execution plans for the systems assigned
- Maintain architectural designs and documents
- Lead Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEA) development and reviews
- Partner with our SW team to create meaningful, implementable requirements
- Partner with test and simulation teams in the formulation of a plan that ensures verification coverage
- Engage with OEM partner engineering teams to ensure proper processes and seamless integration
- Follow and improve our processes, to ensure tight cross-functional coordination and quality work products are delivered
- Report on your project progress, anticipate and alert on risks, propose mitigations
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Expertise in architecture design and specifications for high performance robotic systems, autonomous vehicles, aerospace, or large-scale computing and data systems
- Strong systems engineering and associated standards knowledge (Incose, ISO 26262, ISO 15288, ARP 4754, DO-178)
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities to work with cross-functional engineering teams and drive towards decisions
- Familiarity with FMEAs
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience in Embedded Software, or as a system software engineer
- Previous experience in network architecture
- Applied experience in ISO-26262
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives.
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.