Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The architect role is responsible for what is to be built. This Architecture team will oversee design, mentor engineers, and set the technical direction of IT for the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the business and identify the stakeholders and the needs: who is impacted and should be signing off that the architecture addresses the needs.
- Work (potentially with others) to develop a clear architectural design that is clearly communicated and appropriately reviewed.
- Ensure the architectural plan solves the core problem and is well scoped to be achieved in a reasonable time frame. Note in many cases, this may require a sequential plan with a series of intermediate milestones that produce a tangible usable (but limited) system rapidly that can then be iteratively improved.
- Ensure that we use the right technologies so we end up with a cost efficient, scalable solution that meets the core needs.
- Work with TPM(s) and team leads to ensure the effort has appropriate resources, clear owners of each piece, and is scheduled with a realistic executable plan, and communicated broadly to the org. Note, we may often develop an architecture well before we execute the work.
- Where needed, ensure we have a clear test and validation plan.
- Update architecture and project plan as work executes and we obtain feedback that may change the initial assumptions or invalidate approaches.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Prior senior level engineering experience
- Experience with Cloud compute environments (AWS and GCP)
- Strong experience with Linux and OSX systems
- Strong experience with Cisco Systems (Network, Compute) Professional or Expert level certification a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think about the big picture, including the relationships between systems, the impact of design decisions to the broader effort, and the viewpoints of different stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and technical communication skills
- Strong verbal and written skill set
- Experience with security design
- Experience with IT systems Orchestration
- Experience building enterprise class designs
- Technical mentorship experience
- Broad knowledge of enterprise networking
- Broad knowledge of enterprise storage and compute
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.