Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are looking for the right individual to lead our efforts in core autonomy systems safety engineering. This role leads the team responsible for defining the safety architecture for the SDS to satisfy autonomy safety and SOTIF requirements.
Successful candidates will be able to step back and see the big picture of the autonomous vehicle system while also having the technical depth to be able to deep dive and review details within the safety architecture. Additionally, this individual will have strong leadership abilities and communication skills to gather consensus amongst the relevant stakeholders across the company and communicate findings and recommendations to the executive team in order to drive key, high impact decisions within Argo AI’s fast-paced autonomous vehicle program.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership on the development of the autonomy safety architecture to support systems requirements, safety requirements, and safety of the intended function (SOTIF)
- Provide technical leadership on their assigned portion of the safety case
- Perform safety analysis activities, including heavy focus on autonomy related safety and scenario analysis (Fault tree analysis (FTA), Systems theoretic process analysis (STPA) and dependent failure analysis (DFA))
- Support safety assessments, audits and confirmation reviews
- Use a systems-level, data-driven approach to drive decision making
- Communicate effectively to make recommendations and drive consensus amongst all stakeholders (executive team, product, customer, engineering, test)
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years experience in Autonomy Systems and Safety Critical Development, Functional Safety, or SOTIF
- 5+ years experience in robotics perception, planning & controls, autonomous vehicles, aerospace, automotive, or related mission critical fields
- Broad technical domain knowledge of autonomous vehicles or similar autonomous robotic systems
- Experience in seeing the full life cycle of a product from concept to validation to delivery and operation
- Knowledge of modern systems engineering techniques, tools and processes
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities to work with cross-functional engineering teams and drive towards decisions
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives.
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.