Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
As the foundation of Argo AI engineering, the Software Factory team is poised to build the most productive engineering team in the world with an engineering system that scales. We build and develop the build system backend and frontend, infrastructure, CI and tooling that touches all phases and all aspects of software development: from source management to deploying to individual AVs roaming around different cities, from distributed building/testing to orchestrating container based integration tests in the cloud, from customizing and installing OSs and firmware to building CLI and web based applications.
At Dev Infra, you will get to work with C++, Python, Java, Go, Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins, Linux, embedded systems, etc. Our team is impactful and high-leverage: we make the entire engineering organization more productive. You will have visibility into every other engineering team and their systems, and you'll engage in helping and mentoring them.
What you’ll do:
- Empower engineers to get to full autonomy faster by providing initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Argo’s engineering processes
- Work on cars, in the cloud, and with everything in between
- Contribute to our build/test/CI/CD system, the largest distributed system at Argo AI
- Collaborate with our Argo AI engineers to understand their needs and ensure our team focuses on what has the highest impact on developer experience.
- Write tools to provide fast, robust builds and tests across our entire tech stack
- Create tools to monitor, analyze and report metrics on code quality and engineering practice
- Open source your work, describe it in blog posts, and talk about it at conferences
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Professional experience in at least one of Python, C/C++, Golang, Java, Rust.
- Passion about paramount engineering practices, automation, efficiency, quality, and developer happiness!
- Solid software engineering fundamentals and strong communication
Nice to haves:
- You love build tools (Bazel, BuildBarn, Cargo, etc.)
- You are enthused by software quality (unit testing, SCA, test-automation)
- Experience working with modern build and CI systems (e.g. Jenkins, Buildkite, TeamCity, GitLab)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, especially for running GPU workloads
- You are familiar with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with OS(Linux) kernel or driver
- Experience with embedded systems (Yocto, PetaLinux) or firmware development
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Terraform, etc
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives.
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.