Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Platform Test Engineering team is responsible for performing subsystem and system level testing that exercises the various components of the self-driving vehicle, focusing on the integration of Argo self-driving technology with OEM platform technology and offboard infrastructure. This includes developing and executing test plans focused on vehicle interfaces, vehicle dynamics, environmental qualification, onboard/offboard communications, and fault propagation and mitigation. We interact on a daily basis with our software and hardware development teams to test and provide feedback on their latest designs and ultimately qualify those designs for introduction in our fleet of self-driving vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Work hands-on with hardware and software components in vehicles and HiLs (Hardware in the Loop)
- Work with systems engineers to develop test plans that adequately evaluate components and system level implementations against requirements
- Work with software, hardware, and tools development engineers to develop specific test software, hardware and instrumentation to allow for test execution
- Perform data analysis and create test result packages for requirements verification
- Troubleshoot bugs and errors from system to module level
- Build automated software tools to accelerate the testing process
- Create dedicated test environments to stress the system and replicate faults
- Provide test coverage reports to senior management to advise on implementation readiness
- Maintain Argo’s high standards and commitment to safe, effective, and efficient testing
- Closely collaborate and communicate with our OEM partner to gather requirements, and establish new test strategies and processes
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing and executing subsystem and system level test plans
- CAN and Ethernet interfacing/ESW (embedded software) relationship experience
- System understanding - interaction between hardware (sensors, actuators, wiring, ECUs) and low level software
- Experience with standard automotive debugging toolset (e.g. Vector CANoe/CANalyzer, Wireshark, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux and POSIX interfaces
- Basic programming skills with C, C++, Python, Bash
- Fluent in English
Nice to haves:
- Debugging and Vehicle Integration experience
- Advanced software language skills including C, C++, and Python; CAPL (proprietary automotive language); Windows and Linux OS; Matlab
- Prior experience developing and/or testing SW for autonomous systems
- Experience with electrical HV battery vehicles
- Prior experience with bug tracking system (Jira or equivalent) and Test Management tools (Devsuite, Testrail, JAMA)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Proven self-starter mindset and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Fluent in German is a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives.
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.