Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Platform Test Engineering team is responsible for performing subsystem and system level testing that exercises the various components of the self-driving vehicle, focusing on the integration of Argo self-driving technology with OEM platform technology and offboard infrastructure. This includes developing and executing test plans focused on vehicle interfaces, vehicle dynamics, environmental qualification, onboard/offboard communications, and fault propagation and mitigation. We interact on a daily basis with our software and hardware development teams to test and provide feedback on their latest designs and ultimately qualify those designs for inclusion on our fleet of self-driving vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Work with systems engineers to develop test plans that adequately evaluate components and system level implementations against requirements
- Work with software, hardware, and tools development engineers to develop specific test software, hardware, and instrumentation to allow for test execution
- Support development and validation testing on hardware in the loop system by integrating plant models, hardware and test scripts
- Perform data analysis and create test result packages for requirements verification
- Provide test coverage reports to senior management to advise on implementation readiness
- Maintain Argo’s high standards and commitment to safe, effective, and efficient testing
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing and executing subsystem and system level test plans
- Prefer experience with model based development tools such as Matlab or Simulink
- Prefer experience with development and integration of hardware-in-the-loop systems
- Prefer software language skills including C, C++, and Python; Windows and Linux OS
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.