Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Embedded Software Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for developing and validating a broad array of safety critical code for our sensor and computer systems. Embedded Software Engineers design safety into our autonomous vehicle systems from the ground up and work with cross functional teams to develop the requirements and software architecture for our embedded systems. They write and test software for microcontrollers and system-on-chip (SoC) devices in the vehicle with consideration of functional safety throughout the process. And they conduct system integration validation testing with their peers.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop the software for Argo’s embedded systems.
- Contribute to the implementation of the real-time and safety critical safety functions.
- Be a key contributor to the team’s code base and ensure it is aligned with the needs of our customers and the highest quality bar.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure timely delivery of project goals.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Robotics or related field.
- +4 years of professional experience in software development for embedded devices.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Hands-on experience with real time operating systems.
- Experience in constrained compute environments and in optimizing performance.
- Knowledge of debugging tools and methods for embedded targets.
- General understanding of low-level communication protocols (e.g. I2C, SPI, CAN, etc.).
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment.
- Passionate about writing clean, safe, efficient and testable software.
- Enthusiastic about software design and driving topics from early development to delivery.
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them.
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company.
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices.
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing complex systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar.
- Hands-on experience with automotive projects and tools (Autosar, Infineon Aurix).
- Experience in safe software development (for example ISO-26262, IEC-61508, AUTOSAR, MISRA, and/or safety critical system design and best practices).
- Knowledge of Bazel, Python and tools for test automation.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.