Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Onboard Infrastructure Test, Tools, and Methodologies team covers a broad range of critical functions for the success of Argo's self driving platform. These include a full range of activities ranging from architecture, tools, bringup, integration, and software test.
The Engineer in Test is a role in software development. The primary task is to design and author software to ensure that the self driving platform can meet its requirements. It is a hands-on role involving day to day direct interaction with our product, and has a wide cross functional team interface. You will understand how every sensor plays a part in making the system work.
What you’ll do:
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured modular test designs, test plans, and test cases
- Responsible for development and execution of automated tests on unit test environments as well as hardware-in-loop systems
- Interface with hardware, software, and systems engineering teams to identify system interactions that must be considered for testing
- Provide insight into appropriate testing methodologies, tools, and harnesses. Participate in the creation of such
- Quantify test results and specify quality metrics
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience working with modern build and CI systems
- Strong Python programming skills for developing and automating software and hardware tests
- C programming skills applied to embedded Microcontroller/Microprocessor targets
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
Nice to haves:
- Experience in software development for embedded devices
- Experience with debugging tools and methods for embedded targets
- Experience with ISO 26262 testing processes, such as software unit and integration verification testing, is a plus
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.