Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo Lidar team at Argo AI is responsible for building, delivering, and supporting Argo’s internal lidar development. You will be working with a highly cross-functional team of systems, software, and hardware engineers. As an Electrical Engineer, Characterization Test on the Argo Lidar team, you will be responsible for characterizing and verifying the electronic performance of lidars for Argo’s self-driving systems.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and execute tests to verify and characterize the performance of mixed signal, digital, and power circuits
- Execute design analysis across voltage, temperature, and process variations
- Document design analysis, test plans, and test reports
- Contribute to development of integration, testing, and validation of Argo Lidar
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Solid electronics fundamentals
- Experience in electrical characterization testing including signal conditioning, data conversion, power delivery and signal integrity
- Experience with circuit analysis and simulation including SPICE
- Understanding of common digital interfaces like SPI, I2C, Ethernet
- Understanding of memory technologies including flash and DDR4
- Understanding of ADC, DAC, and signal conditioning circuit performance
- Programming experience in at least one language such as Python or C++
- Experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
Nice to haves:
- Experience with silicon characterization preferred
- Experience with optoelectronics preferred
- Open to travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners (including international).
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.