Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are looking for candidates with a deep understanding and passion for board-level software integration on custom hardware platforms. As a BSP engineer on the Onboard Platforms team, you will be responsible for design, development and integration of software packages with Argo's sensing and computing hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with hardware engineers, software engineers and our operations team to build a world class autonomous vehicle
- Design and integrate software packages for our hardware platforms, including operating systems, drivers, and supporting software infrastructure
- Conduct trade-off analyses and benchmarking exercises to influence future system architectures
- Develop plans, procedures, and other documentation required for integrating software modules into our self-driving ecosystem
- Become a “go-to” resource for both hardware and software engineers as sophisticated software systems are integrated on the base software platform developed by our team
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills with a background in C or C++
- Experience developing and testing highly complex embedded systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
- Expertise with a wide range of computing architectures (SoC, MCU, CPU, GPU, FPGA)
- Significant experience developing and maintaining board support packages (BSPs) for a variety of embedded devices
- Strong knowledge and applied skills with operating systems, including OS internals and associated tools and libraries for developing, debugging, and testing complex software systems (Linux including Ubuntu/Yocto/OpenEmbedded; QNX or similar RTOS)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.