Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
At Argo AI, simulation based testing is a core part of daily life and runs at a massive scale. We in the Virtual Test Tools (VTT) team own this overall capability and are responsible for its design, implementation, and stability. We pride ourselves with providing best-in-class tooling and infrastructure to Systems Engineers, Autonomy Developers and Test and Verification Specialists. We collaborate with this diverse set of stakeholders, and play a central role in shaping Argo’s validation concept. Our products test the autonomy stack by enabling the replay and re-simulation of fleet logs, the injection of faults, the quick creation of scenarios, and the efficient running of simulations that are equipped with multi-fidelity models.
The ideal candidate has strong C++ software engineering skills and experience building scalable software. Practical examples include developing testing frameworks, testing infrastructure, distributed Real-Time Systems and Validation & Verification strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development of a cloud service to run cost-efficient simulations using recorded sensor data at scale for the Verification & Validation of our self-driving software stack
- You will work in a team of 20+ talented engineers located in Europe and in the United States
- Participate in architectural and design discussions, presenting proposals and recommendations to senior management
- Contribute to the enhancement of our Software-in-the-Loop framework, simulation infrastructure and system monitoring
- Be the go-to technical point of contact for the critical parts of our core simulation infrastructure that you will own
- Analyze the simulation results in cooperation with distributed teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing, testing or validating high-performance complex systems, preferably those that include hardware, software, sensing, and actuation components
- Ability to think and operate in the abstract functional domain for system requirements as well as Validation & Verification
- 4+ years of experience developing with modern C++ and Python applications deployed in containers (using Docker and Kubernetes)
- 2+ years of experience using AWS S3, EC2, RDS and VPC (or equivalents in GCP and Azure)
- Strong skills in debugging and testing
- Strong communication, problem-solving, task-prioritization and teamwork skills
- An understanding of traditional and modern systems engineering principles and techniques as applied in hi-tech industries such as autonomous driving, robotics or space systems
Nice to haves:
- Experience with modern tools for software development/deployment (git, Bazel)
- Experience with CI / CD systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Software-in-the-Loop Simulation, Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation and/or Hardware Virtualization Environments
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives.
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.