Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Analytics Platform provides infrastructure, tooling and services to turn data into actionable insights and serves the needs of the entire Argo AI organization. When developers, researchers, and executives look for data within Argo, they use our platform.
We build end to end products that process petabytes of data to provide key operational statistics as well as high resolution datasets spanning everything from sensors to performance. We own and operate our own infrastructure build on top of AWS and GCP as well as developer interfaces used across the company. As a platform team, we are on a critical path for delivery of key workflows and processes and interact directly with our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Design, create and operate scalable and high-throughput services in a polyglot environment that are used by the entire Argo AI organization
- Work closely with functional teams at Argo AI to understand their data requirements, educate and evangelize best practices when it comes to data structure, processing and analysis
- Drive and own our product and process changes in order to constantly evolve and deliver better performance for our customers
- Participate in agile development process from planning, estimation all the way to optimization, maintenance and support in a test- and monitoring-driven environment practicing CI/CD releases
- Investigate new approaches and technologies that can be leveraged for our next generation solutions
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Deep programming skills in object oriented or functional programming
- Strong exposure to different DB flavors, DB optimization and SQL fluency
- Experience with Data Warehousing and data design
- Professional experience with distributed systems and big data such as Spark, Hadoop, HBase
- Experience with AWS and GCP platforms
- Strong problem solving, analytical and OOP skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives.
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.