Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable, and accessible for all. Fleet Operations’ essential function at Argo is to safely execute the test and road operations initiatives set forth by our engineering team. Fleet Operations consists of a team of experts who understand Argo’s underlying vehicle technology and programs. The team then uses that information to effectively manage efforts to meet our mileage and performance goals. These programs will provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for creating, and maintaining a safe work environment for all those in the workplace
- You will be tasked to make safe, efficient, and sound decisions in the face of ambiguity
- You will be responsible for executing the test and road operations program of our autonomous vehicles, AVS Test Managers/Specialists and facilities
- You will learn about the underlying technology of our vehicles and programs and use that information to effectively manage efforts to meet our mileage and performance goals
- These programs will provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing in the form of test and driving reports
What you'll need to succeed:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- Autonomous Vehicle operations and support experience
- Varied skill set in a technical environment managing teams, facilities and other physical assets
- Ability to lead training and continuing education sessions for AVS Test Managers/Specialists and/or Technicians
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety and procedure
- Demonstrated ability to manage the scheduling processes of a large operations program
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle with 5+ years of experience and a clean driving record
- Proven experience in training and management setting with the ability to conduct process and safety orientations
- Have a passion to motivate, engage, and inspire large teams with various backgrounds
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.