Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI Cloud Services engineers design, implement and operate services that are critical for operating Argo’s fleet of self-driving vehicles. These Cloud Services use standard patterns for Kubernetes and service-mesh based distributed microservice architecture to provide secure, scalable and highly-available services to Argo’s customers and engineers.
As a TPM supporting the Cloud Services team, you demonstrate excellent leadership skills and talents for program management, mobilizing cross-functional teams, and delivering solutions for scale and data-driven decision making to launch. In this role, you will solve challenging engineering problems. You will contribute leadership and experience managing across disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. You will drive launches, improve productivity and quality standards, resolve problems, identify trends, determine system improvements, and implement change.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with Engineering, Product leaders, and other TPM groups to streamline processes; simplify execution, manage objective and key results (OKRs), release on time, and help the teams with execution
- Define projects, collect requirements, develop detailed implementation plans, maintain alignment, and monitor program status across multiple activities to reduce or remove dependencies
- Drive consistency between cloud processes across different teams (on vehicle and off vehicle)
- Increase visibility and strengthen communication across the teams
- Develop a technical understanding of the entirety of the program across the entire lifecycle
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 4+ years of success in complex technical project management with a strong track record of shipping scalable and distributed cloud services
- Hands-on experience and strong background with modern project/software management processes and tools, e.g., agile, scrum, devops, Jira/Rally, SmartSheets, and Google Suite
- Familiarity with designing and implementing software in Python, Go, or Java
- Hyper-organized mindset - able to be an influencer of projects to lead development, operations, and logistics toward a common goal
- Work effectively under extreme pressure - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities - able to formulate solutions quickly by using a breadth and depth of knowledge / connections / etc.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in program management tooling and new tooling rollout
- Experience with architecting/deploying scalable and distributed services in the cloud (AWS, GCP) and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed microservices and service-mesh technologies such as Istio
- Experience with common infrastructure as code technologies, e.g., Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.