Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Real Estate & Workplace Services (REWS) is responsible for locating, designing, building, operating, and securing Argo’s physical environment throughout the world. We look at this responsibility as a business within the company; we consider every Argo employee our “customer”; and we seek to understand our customers’ core needs deeply, as we craft solutions that balance employee satisfaction, scalability, and financial responsibility. The REWS org consists of three functional pillars: real estate, facilities, and physical security & safety. The facilities team generally has 1-3 people per site, depending on the size and complexity of the local operation. Those onsite individuals typically supervise the activities of many external vendors. The real estate & security teams are a bit smaller and more centralized, and they leverage facilities teammates (as well as vendors) for onsite implementation and coordination.
What you’ll do:
- Provide company-wide leadership, guidance, and direction on all aspects of physical security & workplace safety concerning Argo people, property, and assets;
- Develop and continually improve written policies & procedures related to physical safety & workplace safety;
- Design, deploy, manage, and maintain all physical security technology platforms, including access control, CCTV, visitor management, rounding/reporting, and incident management systems - including the vendors who install and maintain those devices and platforms;
- Support real estate site selection process, including site due diligence focused on security & safety, crime, business continuity risks, secure environmental design, resilience, etc.;
- Act as main REWS driver/lead for the following cross-functional activities:
- Business continuity planning & disaster recovery
- Crisis management (especially involving life safety, e.g. workplace violence, fire, civil unrest, etc.)
- Internal investigations (theft, fraud, code of conduct, etc.)
- High risk terminations
- Special events involving enhanced security/protection requirements
- Employee travel security/safety - training, awareness, repatriation
- Manage all internal & external resources (full-time staff, contractors, and/or vendors) who provide physical security & safety services at all locations worldwide; working via onsite/local facilities leads in locations without local Argo security staff.
- Lead implementation (via Facilities & PhySec personnel) for all operational/day-to-day workplace safety activities (leveraging Risk/Compliance team as COE);
- Proactively drive all routine workplace safety procedures and practices, such as site safety inspections;
- Responsible for leading cross-functional incident management and business continuity planning. Should expect to be primary owner (incident commander) as/when appropriate during an incident or event.
- Establish and manage a global security operations center (GSOC) or similar 24x7 monitoring & management solution;
- Support REWS project manager on the physical security elements of all capital projects, including scope development, secure design, budgeting, and implementation of all physical security devices and mitigations;
- Liaise with local law enforcement for incident response, crime reporting/trends, training/awareness, etc.;
- Leads security services for special events, executives, or travel-related security needs as appropriate;
- Provide travel security/risk guidance, intelligence, and communication to employees on a general/regular basis;
- Design and implement a loss prevention program supporting the protection of physical assets and intellectual property.
- Partner effectively with peers within Real Estate & Workplace Services, IT, Procurement, Finance, Legal and People
- Drive both cost and operational efficiency through the program as it scales, while also continuously innovating.
- Oversee the budget and expenditures of the program, within REWS budget goals and objectives.
What you'll need to succeed:
- 10+ years relevant experience leading a multi-site physical security and safety program in a corporate or R&D environment
- Must be personally familiar with multiple physical security technology platforms (e.g. Lenel OnGuard, Software House CCURE, Galaxy, or similar);
- Must have previous experience building and/or managing a global security operations center (GSOC) or similar multi-site command center;
- Experience building and leading a physical security & safety team, leveraging both proprietary and contract resources, with emphasis on low-visibility, high-quality, technology-leveraged, customer-centric approach;
- Experience with crisis management & communications / incident command, control, communications, and coordination;
- Strong written and oral presentation skills; ability to lead group meetings, project teams, employee training, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with relevant focus area (criminology, sociology, engineering, management)
Nice to haves:
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or similar professional certification(s);
- Relevant professional experience managing an international security & safety program, especially in EU/EMEA;
- Previous law enforcement experience may be helpful;
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.