Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo Lidar Hardware TPM team is responsible for managing the Lidar development program at Argo. TPMs work with a variety of internal staff and external partners to tackle an array of responsibilities and deliver safe, scalable hardware systems. TPMs are responsible for using the high level Argo priorities to lead engineering activities ranging from design to validation to build. TPMs are also responsible for managing the team’s scope, schedule, and budget, as well as program risks, communication and documentation. Argo hires TPMs with strong engineering skills so we can empower TPMs to influence major engineering decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for transitioning the lidar prototype to mass production and meet the launch date
- Drive the program with the Contract Manufacturer (CM) partner. This includes drafting the statement of work (SOW), and owning the planning and execution of the lidar productization effort.
- Help to transfer the design, incorporate the DFx and track the integration, testing and delivery of the hardware systems
- Own the yields and ensure prompt resolution of issues in the manufacturing line at the CM
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- A record of turning prototype designs into validated products with successful market launch
- In-depth understanding of volume manufacturing and experienced driving overseas suppliers and partners.
- Experience working on complex electromechanical systems with cross functional teams to coordinate the entire product lifecycle (systems requirements, FMEAs, trade studies, failure analysis, planning and execution of tests to validate: functional, performance, reliability and safety requirements,...).
- Excellent synthesizing complex technical issues and great at communicating with various levels of the organization and 3rd parties.
- Hyper-organized mindset and strong problem-solving abilities
- Works effectively under extreme pressure - consistently delivers excellent results in a fast-paced environment
Additional Requirements: Occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.