Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
With offices in Pittsburgh, the Bay Area of California, Southeastern Michigan, Central New Jersey, Washington D.C., Austin and Miami, we are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are searching for a Facilities Operations Coordinator who is experienced in facilities operations for a corporate - office and/or R&D environment, including: planned & preventative maintenance, repairs, space & occupancy management (including moves/adds/changes), small projects, physical security & workplace safety, and related facilities technical operations. Our ideal candidate is a master communicator and problem-solver who has experience in developing world-class facilities and people that support a diverse and dynamic team.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate the day-to-day, week-to-week administrative and operational procedures that ensure optimal function and maintenance of PIT-based Argo facilities including mechanical, electrical, utility, fire / life safety, plumbing, recycling and waste management
- Directly manage performance of vendors who provide janitorial services, vendor relationship and contract management
- Provide leadership and management guidance to staff ensuring efficiency, high performance and synergy
- Manage and serve as lead point person for all day to day Facility Repair and Maintenance Operations and Procedures including building fixtures, mechanical equipment, employee inquiries/concerns, as well as manage vendors related to these services
- Prepare and implement preventative maintenance schedules for operations systems and general maintenance including but not limited to life-safety equipment such as fire alarm inspections, fire extinguisher maintenance, as well as vehicle lift inspection scheduling, eye wash station audits, air quality control and more
- Build excellent relationships with contractors and suppliers to ensure the proper working order and timely repair of all facility systems
- Manage small facilities projects (e.g. minor renovations, space modifications) under the guidance of the Local Facilities Manager and/or Real Estate Project Manager
- Ensure cleanliness and professional appearance of all offices at all times
- Report any malfunctions, repairs, special projects, vendor work activities and other work taking place that could impact employees during regular business hours or off hours
- Oversee the Argo Safety Team Program with volunteer recruitment efforts, quarterly training, scheduling of evacuation drills with department leadership and property management.
- Manage the restocking and routine inspection of safety supplies including fire extinguishers, AED Machines and more
- Manage all adds, moves and changes with regards to Occupancy Planning and employee workstations
- Plan and forecast the facility operations and maintenance budget on a regular basis
- Travel to travel to all PIT-based locations on a weekly basis, as well as remote sites as needed
What you'll need to succeed:
- BS degree in business or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of facilities management experience at a technology company
- 3-5 years of managerial experience
- Comfortable in a fast paced, startup environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.