Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist (AVSTS) at Argo AI is responsible for operating our autonomous test platforms on public roads and on closed courses to ensure safety. AVSTS’s will learn about the underlying technology of our platforms and provide detailed feedback to our engineering team in the form of real-time test logs and summary reports. This process requires creating and following procedures on platform operations and continuously documenting results through use and interaction with our proprietary software. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about how our AVSTS's play a key role in how we test!
What you’ll do:
As an AVSTS, you will be responsible for the duties of AVS operations from both the left seat and the right seat. You will undergo a selective training program that educates and establishes expectations for manual driving fundamentals, left seat (driving) skills for autonomous operation and disengagement, and right seat (co-driving) skills for autonomous operation and system performance. In the left seat, you will be responsible for the safe, compliant operation of the AVS in both manual and autonomous modes. Here you will develop an acute sense for AVS performance, monitoring software improvements as they relate to vehicle dynamics and interactions with a dynamic environment, challenging intersections and other road users. You will be responsible for proactively searching and evaluating a dynamic traffic environment, ready to disengage autonomy in the event the AVS encounters a situation it cannot yet handle. In the right seat, you will be responsible for monitoring the software performance from a proprietary Graphical User Interface (GUI) on a laptop integrated with the AVS, proactively advising the left seat of any situations that warrant them to disengage autonomy. With the GUI as their primary sensory input, the right seat is very much like executing a virtual driving task, monitoring AVS’s perception, prediction and tracking of the dynamic environments and all other road users. Both roles require clear and concise communications with the right seat taking notes on AVS performance, highlighting both areas of AVS strengths and areas for improvement, so that engineers and developers can continuously improve the software. As the AVS and SW are continuously improving, the TS will remain up to date on relevant continuing education material, as well as policies and procedures. Note: This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
What you'll need to succeed:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with two years of employment experience required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to meet Argo’s minimum driving record requirements, as verified by Motor Vehicle Record background checks prior to hire and periodically thereafter
- Ability to monitor and test software via laptop in a moving vehicle and type proficiently
- Experience in a professional work environment where safety, honesty, procedure and/or software testing are emphasized
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety and procedure
- Ability to work in close quarters in a professional manner for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to pass ten-panel drug screen and criminal background checks conducted prior to employment
- Willingness to travel to remote offices and test facilities as needed
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.