Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Machine Learning Infrastructure & Analytics (MLIA) team in Argo is responsible for delivering the platforms, tools, and services that power the ML workflows and Data Analysis needs of the organization. The Data Engineering sub-team of MLIA builds and maintains the data pipelines and software tooling that drive Ground Truth Labeling, ML Training, Data Science, and Data Analytics at Argo. The team is responsible for pipeline health, data quality, lineage, and data lifecycle management. In addition to pipeline development the team also performs Data Mining and Data Analysis services for its customers. The pipelines, tools, and services provided by Data Engineering are essential to the development of Machine Learning models by our Perception and Autonomy teams. This team is also responsible for data pipeline integration with our Analytics platform, which enables the creation of actionable insights from Argo’s data.
We are hiring experienced Data Engineers to help deliver the data, tools, and services that form the foundation of our ML and Analytics platforms. This is a high visibility role that will provide the opportunity to learn about, interact with, and add significant value to every part of our company supporting our goal of building safe and efficient self-driving vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Work with stakeholders in the Perception, Autonomy, and Operations teams to define data requirements
- Build scalable and efficient end to end data pipelines for our ML and Analytics platforms
- Perform Data Mining and Data Analysis in support of client needs
- Develop robust software tooling to manage data (Data Quality, Data Lifecycle Management, Lineage, etc.)
- Work heavily with Python, C++, Spark, SQL, Airflow, and Looker
- Build ETL, deliver reporting, and perform data analysis needed by clients
- Work with modern cloud, big data, and analytics technologies
- Continually improve the quality, efficiency, and robustness of data pipelines and tooling at Argo
- Help define and promote Data Engineering strategy and best practices
- Participate in code and architectural reviews
- Own initiatives from inception to implementation
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong team player that can collaborate effectively with others
- Experience building highly scalable, reliable, and maintainable data systems
- Experience building and working with ETL/ELT tooling
- Experience working with the Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive, etc.)
- Experience working with Data Warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience working with Job Scheduling tools (Airflow, Luigi, Oozie)
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc.)
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Proficiency developing software with Python, and some development experience with C++ is required
- Significant experience working with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Strong presentation and communication skills
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.