Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Visualization team is responsible for the applications and frameworks that visualize large amount of data (camera, lidar, radar, detected objects, predicted tracks, motion plans etc). This team produces engaging real-time user interfaces that visualize what the self-driving car is thinking and doing.
Our products are deployed in the vehicle to deliver a great passenger experience and build trust with passengers. To vehicle operations to support copilots, remote guidance, and triage of on-road interactions. Our platform is also used by engineers across the company as a core part of their development process.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help deliver fleets of autonomous vehicles to market. You will have experience in managing complex software projects with a high degree of ambiguity. You can navigate this ambiguity, have good instincts, and translate concepts into a plan and direction for your team.
Experience shipping end user products, customer focus, a passion for great user experiences and experience with graphics frameworks and GUI toolkits are highly desired.
What you’ll do:
- This position will lead our core visualization platform team to visualize what the self-driving car is thinking and doing, in both real-time and offline processing use cases
- Drive technical projects in the software engineering teams to build, design, implement and manage robust and scalable systems in order to meet company OKRs and deliver our Virtual Driver System product on schedule
- Set goals, strategies, budgets, and oversee deployment of large-scale software projects across our US locations, and partner with our teams in Munich
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools
- Provide leadership for the software engineering teams and manage collaboration with cross-functional teams to streamline and improve communication
- Lead the team, but delegate and help grow the engineers
- Be hands on with the code - you still love to code, and are respected by your teams as a collaborative experienced engineer first, awesome manager second
What you'll need to succeed:
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Experience leading and managing complex, large scale software systems built to operate with real-time performance under heavy data load
- In addition to software leadership, tasks include growing technical leadership, managing teams and setting overall technical direction and roadmaps for an organization
- Deep expertise in C++ and computer graphics
- OpenGL experience, or experience with any real-time rendering API/framework is strongly desired
- Qt experience is strongly desired, or similar gui toolkits
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills which is essential in our team-based approach
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.