Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are looking for domain engineers who are well researched on the topics of stereo vision and who are interested in not only the research and algorithmic design side of the problem but who also want to bring their ideas to production. Tacking complex edge cases is one of the most challenging issues in developing a production ready autonomous vehicle. In taking on edge case scenarios, obstacle detection is an essential capability for safe guidance and depth estimation with stereo is one of the many ways we are solving these problems.
What you'll do:
- You will work on developing a lot of the sub algorithms that go into making the cohesive stereo pipeline.
- You will work on 3D object classification.
- Depth Estimation with stereo.
- Your work will also include tuning and speeding up our stereo pipeline on GPU's.
- Your work will be essential to fielding these vehicles and you will have direct exposure to real world data and feedback, and the satisfaction of having contributed to a state-of-the art autonomous vehicle.
- You will be part of a broader perception team and will participate in going from literature and not just stopping at the test track or simulation but being able to go all the way to public roads.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field.
- Strong background developing with C++ including the use of templates, multiple-inheritance, and abstract classes.
- Experience developing, calibrating and testing stereovision systems, preferred.
- Experience with depth estimation.
- Significant experience optimizing code to be both compute and memory efficient.
- Knowledgeable in areas pertaining to computer vision, preferred.
- Knowledgeable about the phenomenology of vision sensors, preferred.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.