Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI’s Lidar team is developing a disruptive sensor enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical direction and development of the embedded software integrated into our Lidar product. We’re looking for someone who has a passion and expertise in developing safe, efficient software for sensing systems.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver safe and efficient embedded software for state-of-the-art sensing systems
- Produce highly quality, maintainable code using C++
- Design, implement, and test full-stack software running in resource-constrained environments
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team of hardware and software engineers to ensure the success of our Lidar product
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong experience developing embedded applications and systems using C++
- Strong software design, algorithm, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with multi-processor SoCs (e.g., Zynq, Arria) or similar embedded processors
- Familiarity with FPGA development and related software/hardware interfaces desired
- Prefer candidates with experience developing software for highly complex, safety-critical sensing systems
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.